Together with your colleagues on your bike during Summer Challenge 2019!
The Summer Challenge is a competition for teams of maximum 5 colleagues
. The pleasure of cycling and team spirit comes first!
Together with your team you achieve your target of cycling to work on 25%, 50%, 75% or 100%
of your working days.
Because cycling is fun! As well as quick, clean and healthy.
The competition runs from May 27th up to and including June 21th.
The registration will be open until midnight of Wednesday 22 May.
Cycle and win!
Great prizes may be won in the General classification
, the Newcomers’ classification
(teams with minimum 1 Bike to Work newcomer) and by means of the weekly assignments (through the Bike to Work Facebook page
Prizes General classification
The Newcomers’ classification (minimum 1 Bike to Work newcomer)
You don’t have an account yet?
Set up your account with the link 'Register' on top of this page.The Bike to Work-coordinator should allow your participation
before you can start.
Do you have an account?
1. Sign up
with an existing team in your company or create your own team
(login to this site, go to the menu ‘My account’ through the ‘cycle calendar’ and select “My team”).
2. Then get on your bike and register
3. Have a chance of winning one of the great prizes
Rules of the game
a. Your employer has to participate in Bike to Work
b. The winning teams in the General classification
or the Newcomers’ classification
their proposed bike rate of 25%, 50%, 75% or 100% throughout the entire period of the competition. The bike rate is calculated by dividing the number of biked days by the number of worked days during the period of the competition.
Holidays, sick leave or home working days don’t have a negative impact on your proposed bike rate when you highlight them in your cycle calendar.
to the following tiebreaker
: ‘How many km have all participants to the Summer Challenge of 2019 cycled together?
The team that guesses the correct number or gets closest to it will be declared the winner.
During the last week of the competition we will send an e-mail to each team leader with the request to indicate the number of kilometres.
Each team is allowed to send one answer.
To give you an indication: during the Summer Challenge 2019 the participants cycled 444.377 km all together.
c. Teams consist of a minimum of 2 members
and a maximum of 5 members
d. In the Newcomers' classification, at least one team member must have created an account on www.biketowork.be after 31/03/2019
Extra practical information
* If you create an account on Bike to Work because of the Summer Challenge, the coordinator in your company must first approve
your participation in Bike to Work.
* It can take 1 to 2 days for all updates to be processed and for your team's bike degree to be displayed correctly in the rankings. Please note that your work schedule and your cycling calendar has been completed correctly. Also indicate your holidays, sick days or home working days on the cycling calendar for a correct calculation.
* Your teamleader has to accept your participation before your bike rides will be added to the team.
The Bike to Work Summer Challenge 2019 will be enabled thanks to the following sponsors: