CYCLE WITH YOUR HEART FOR BIKE FOR LIFE
During Bike for Life you can cycle along with your company, school, municipality, city or organisation in favour of 'A bike for everyone'. Register as an employer to put your employees on the saddle for the good cause!
On average, a family has 2.8 bicycles at home. Yet, an estimated 15% of the population cannot afford a bicycle. This hinders people in their freedom of movement, social contacts and opportunities. The campaign 'A bicycle for everyone' wants to help them move forward with a bicycle.
How does it work?
From 3 to 31 October, participating employers sponsor the home-work trips by bike of their employees. The employer chooses the amount he or she allocates per trip. The proceeds will help people in need of a (shared) bicycle.
REGISTER AS AN EMPLOYER
- Register your company, municipality, town, school or organisation before 1 September: create an employer account (if you do not have one yet).
- Sponsor the home-work trips of your cycling colleagues in October. You determine the amount per ride via the employer account and you can set a maximum sponsorship amount. Employees register their bicycle rides in October on www.biketowork.be.
- For employers participating in the Bike to Work programme, the participation in Bike for Life is included in the membership.
- Employers not participating in the Bike to Work programme pay 1/3 of a year's membership fee (with a minimum of €250 excl. VAT). Calculate the membership fee for 1 year here. In return, employers get 4 months access to the management platform, communication material, monitoring of participation and cycle trips by staff, statistics, and a helpdesk for questions.
- Cities, municipalities, schools, organisations for youth work and social-cultural work pay €50 excl. VAT for their participation.
email@example.com - 0473 24 04 86 (Eddy Vaes) or 0489 88 85 67(Cindy Raes)
As an employer, you will receive a receipt for your participation. You can submit this in full as a corporate expense as a sponsorship.
Bike for Life is a campaign of the Fietsersbond vzw, the advocacy organisation for cyclists in Flanders and Brussels.
DOES YOUR EMPLOYER CYCLE ALONG?
If so, create your account and link yourself to your employer. You will then be automatically registered. Register all your bike rides to/from work from 3 to 31 October on your personal calendar.
If not, convince your employer to join and sign up.
Bram Verbruggen, the face of Bike for Life!
Weatherman Bram Verbruggen is the face of Bike for Life. As a cyclist with his heart in the right place, he sets a good example and encourages all employers and employees to join.