Put your (home working) colleagues on the pedals! The Spring Challenge challenges online teams to cycle as often as possible from 2 to 31 May (included).
Do you cycle to work, to the shop, in the weekend or for sport, ...? All rides count, also your rides on home work days or in free time. You can participate in the Spring Challenge if your employer is a member of Bike to Work.
Cycle along with an online team of colleagues for great prizes in the Ranking! Each team chooses a cycling ambition: 100%, 75%, 50% or 25% of the competition days cycling.
|100%||A €500 Vlaanderen Vakantieland Holiday Cheque for each team member|
|75%||A €400 Vlaanderen Vakantieland Holiday Cheque for each team member|
|50%||A €300 Vlaanderen Vakantieland Holiday Cheque for each team member|
|25%||A €200 Vlaanderen Vakantieland Holiday Cheque for each team member|
The Spring Challenge is epowered by Bosch.
Bike to Work Photo Competition
Every participant in the Spring Challenge can post his/her best Bike to Work Photo's during the Bike to Work Photo Competition.
- Share a maximum of 3 photos of your cycling fun to work on your Facebook or Instagram page during the Spring Challenge and tag Bike to Work (mention #biketoworkbe on Facebook, put the tag biketowork_be on your photo on Instagram).
- Make sure your profile is set to public so we can find your photo!
- Follow Bike to Work facebook or instagram.
The 3 best photographers will win a beautifull OPPO Find X5 smartphone.
IMPORTANT: read the rules of the Photo Competition.
The deadline to enter this challenge has passed. New entries are no longer accepted.
To participate in the Spring Challenge, your employer must be a member of Bike to Work.
Step 0: Create your account on www.biketowork.be. Link yourself with your employer. Create one or more routes to work or private routes on your profile. You will have to register these route(s) on your calendar during the Spring Challenge. All routes (to work or private) count for your team percentage.
Step 1: Create your team or join a team with colleagues (min 2, max 5). Note: creating a team is not sufficient to be registered!
Step 2: The team leader enrolls the team in the Spring Challenge. He/she clicks on the cup symbol (3rd icon) on his/her profile page. The team leader determines your ambition/category.
|100%||your team aims to cycle all days (2 - 31 May)|
|75%||your team aims to cycle 75% or more of the days (2 - 31 May)|
|50%||your team aims to cycle 50% or more of the days (2 - 31 May)|
|25%||your team aims to cycle 25% or more of the days (2 - 31 May)|
The team leader answers the tiebreaker question: 'How many km will all participants of all teams in the Spring Challenge 2022 cycle together?'
Step 3: From 2 to 31 May, register all your bike rides on your calendar on www.biketowork.be.
- The Spring Challenge is only open to employees of an employer participating in Bike to Work (paying membership).
- The deadline for registration is 1 May 20221 at midnight. Registered teams cannot be changed or de-registered after the start of the challenge. It is not possible to register a team after 1 May.
- Merely creating or having a team is not sufficient to be registered for the challenge. The team leader has to register the team in the Spring Challenge on 1 May at the latest.
- Participants commit to truthfully and correctly register their bike rides and bike performances when participating in the challenge. In case of (attempted) fraud by one of the participants the team will be disqualified and any prizes won will have to be returned.
- The team percentage is the average of the cycling degree of all individual team members. The cycling degree is calculated by dividing the number of cycling days by the number of competition days already passed. Illness, leave or absence for any other reason which prevent participants from cycling can not be taken into account to adjust the individual or team percentage and/or the team ambition. E.g. to achieve a percentage of 100%, all team members have to have registered a bike ride on all days (weekdays, weekend days and holidays) from May 2nd until May 31st (included).
- To win in its category (100%, 75%, 50%, 25%) a team must:
- have achieved their ambition (the predetermined team percentage). All teams that have achieved their ambition (minimum or higher than set) have a chance to win the prize in their category. Their answers to the tiebreaker question will be taken into account to determine the winning team.
- have given the most correct answer to the tiebreaker question in its category: 'How many km will all the participants in the Spring Challenge 2022 cycle together?' The team leader gives the team's answer at the registration of his team. He/she cannot change this anymore during the challenge.
- Participants must enter all cycling rides in their calendar no later than midnight on Saturday 4 June. Registrations added later will not count for the competition.
- Registrations of rides are only possible via the calendar on the website or via the latest version of the app via the button 'Register your standard route'.
- The announcement of the winners in the Ranking will take place on Tuesday 7 June.
- The selection of the winners of the Spring Challenge and the Photo Competition will be done independently by Bike to Work. There is no possibility of appeal against these decisions.
- The prizes will be delivered after Bike to Work has contacted the winners in the week of 7 June. The way of delivery and provision depends on the prize and is done in mutual consultation.
- The organisation cannot be held responsible for changes due to force majeure or unforeseen circumstances.
- Participation in the Spring Challenge implies that you agree with these rules.