Agreement and consent
Use of this website entails that you:
- Explicitly agree with the terms and conditions;
- Explicitly grant Fietsersbond vzw (hereinafter “the Fietsersbond”) permission to collect, process and use the data which you provide for the purposes stated below (see the privacy statement).Bike to Work is intended for everyone wishing to make use of this website.
The Fietsersbond retains the right to change the general conditions and the content of this website at any time.
The Bike to Work website is the property of the Fietsersbond vzw, Oude Graanmarkt 63, 1000 Brussels.
All information on this website is intended for personal use. You may download the information free of charge, copy it and print it for personal use. Provided the source is acknowledged, this information may also be published or disseminated for non-commercial purposes.
The information may not be used for commercial purposes without the prior written consent of the Fietsersbond.
Although every reasonable effort has been made to ensure that the information on this website was correct at the time of publication, the Fietsersbond accepts no responsibility for any direct or indirect injury, damage or loss suffered as a result of the use of or reliance upon the information contained on this website. The Fietsersbond also accepts no responsibility in connection with the services or advantages offered on this website by third parties
No rights or claims shall arise from use of this website.
The Fietsersbond undertakes to respect and protect your privacy. We regard the data provided by you, hereinafter referred to as "your data", as confidential information.
Your data comprise:
- Data which you expressly provide, either when you register to use the website or when you record your bicycle trips, such as your user name, passwoord, email address, sex, year of birth, postal code and professional category, information regarding your cycling patterns, your recorded cycle trips, your choice to receive tips, any questions you may ask, etc.;
- Data which you do not provide expressly but which are gathered automatically: your IP address, the type of browser and operating system running on your computer, the number of visits, the pages visited, etc.
Your data will be used only for the purposes set out below.
If your employer participates in Bike to Work, you have asked to be recognised by your employer as an employee, and your employer has accepted your request, your employer will be given access to the following information: your name, the days which you record as cycling days, the biking profile of each cycling day, the days which you have recorded as days on which you did not work, and the distance in kilometres of the cycle trips which you have recorded. You expressly accept that your employer may have access to this information.
Your data are used primarily to give you personal feedback and support. Your data may also be rendered anonymous and used:
- To optimise the functioning of the website;
- For the purposes of scientific research;
- For the compilation of statistics and reports
Your data are collected and processed only by the Fietsersbond and, where necessary, by third parties working for the Fietsersbond under contract.
Consultation, correction and deletion
You can consult your data and have them corrected or deleted by sending a dated and signed request accompanied by a copy of both sides or your identity card to Fietsersbond vzw, Oude Graanmarkt 63, 1000 Brussels.
Cancelling emails and newsletter
Bike to Work offers you the possibility to indicate that you wish to receive emails reminding you that you have not recorded your cycling days for a while. You also have the possibility to cancel the sending of such emails.
This website may contain hyperlinks to external websites. The Fietsersbond accepts no responsibility whatsoever for the content of such external websites. The inclusion of links does not mean that the Fietsersbond approves of all the contents of such sites and does not necessarily imply that the Fietsersbond cooperates with the owners of such external sites.
This site is subject to the laws of Belgium. In the event of a dispute, only the Belgian courts shall have jurisdiction.