Set up your own cycling challenge with Bike to Work
Are you Bike to Work coordinator in your company or organisation? Then you can use the Bike to Work platform to set up your own cycling challenge for your colleagues.
Read here how you can go about it:
- You choose the period.
- Colleagues form teams of maximum 5 people.
- The team leader chooses the cycling ambition: 25%, 50%, 75% or 100% cycling during all days in the competition period.
- The team leader answers the tiebreaker question (in case teams end up in a tie).
- The team percentage is the average of all individual percentages. The percentages are calculated by dividing the number of cycling days by the number of competition days already elapsed.
- All teams participate in the general classification. If a team member created his/her account in the month prior to the challenge, the team also participates in the newcomer's classification.
- Provide a prize of your choice for the winning teams. This doesn't always have to cost money. Be creative: bike clothing, bike maintenance or bike accessories, a breakfast or a challenge trophy, the honour of having your team featured in the staff magazine, a tribute during the staff day, the best places in the bike park, ... are all nice prizes.
More info: read the Bike to Work account manual on your coordinator profiel (click on the 8th icon in the left bar).